Carved Turkey and Spinach Omelet Recipe
Thanksgiving has come and gone, so there's sure to be an abundance of leftovers! Instead of ordinary turkey sandwiches, try this turkey and spinach omelet. It’s high in protein, low in calories and is sure to be a breakfast favorite!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese, any kind
- 3 to 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil, parsley, or herb of your choice, chopped
- 1/2 cup carved turkey, diced
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or whisk.
- In an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook without stirring until the edges begin to set. With a spatula, push the edges toward the center of the pan and tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs move to the edge.
- Repeat until the eggs are somewhat set, but still a little soft in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Place the cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, herbs, spinach, onions and turkey in the center of the omelet and cook for about 2 minutes longer.
- Slide the spatula around one side of the omelet at the edge to loosen it. Slip it under the eggs and use it to carefully fold the omelet in half. Slide the spatula under the folded omelet to loosen it from the pan and onto a plate.