Eat Fit King Cake: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Traditional Mardi Gras celebrations may be off, but you can’t cancel king cake! And thanks to the Eat Fit King Cake, it’s also possible to indulge without sabotaging your wellness goals!
On sale in select stores throughout Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, and available for purchase online, the Eat Fit King Cake is gluten free, grain free, low carb, sugar free, dairy free and all natural. Did we mention it tastes good, too?!
Centered on an all-natural clean ingredient label, the Eat Fit King Cake is made with almond flour and coconut flour. It’s sweetened with Swerve, a natural, plant-based sweetener, with no artificial sweeteners or colors. Each serving has just two grams net carbs and zero sugar.
Inspired by the King Cake recipe in Ochsner’s Eat Fit Cookbook, the Eat Fit team knew they needed to bring this treat to the retail market to make it easy for any and everyone to enjoy a clean-label king cake that also tastes incredible.
Nutrition: Eat Fit King Cake vs. Traditional King Cake
Ounce-for-ounce, the Eat Fit King Cake has:
• No artificial food dyes, compared to the yellow 5, yellow 6, red 3, red 40 and blue 1 in most traditional king cake
• 93% less carbs than traditional king cake
• 0 sugar (compared to 50 grams sugar in a typical serving of traditional king cake)
• 4 times more protein than traditional king cake
• 2.5 times more fiber than traditional king cake
• No white, refined flour
• Is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and low carb
Eat Fit King Cake Retail Locations
Visit EatFitKingCake.com for full nutrition facts, as well as a list of retailers in your region. You can also order the Eat Fit King Cake online with two-day shipping nationwide. Local retailers selling the guilt-free delicacy include:
- Whole Foods Market: Across Louisiana and Texas
- Roberts Fresh Market: New Orleans and Baton Rouge
- Ochsner Fitness Center: New Orleans
- PJ’s Coffee: Select locations across Lousiana
- Home Malone: New Orleans
- Lakeview Grocery: New Orleans
- Good Eats Kitchen: Baton Rouge and Lafayette
- Alexander’s Market: Baton Rouge
- Matherne’s Market: Baton Rouge
- Aquistapace’s: Northshore
- Salute: Gulfport
- Health Nuts: Gulfport
About Eat Fit
Ochsner’s Eat Fit initiative was founded in 2013 to make dining out healthfully at restaurants the easy choice. Find Eat Fit restaurants, recipes, brand-specific shopping guides and more on the free Eat Fit smartphone app. And now, Eat Fit is making the Eat Fit King Cake available nationwide!
Since its founding, Ochsner Eat Fit has expanded to restaurants across Louisiana, including in Baton Rouge, and recently released the Eat Fit Cookbook, allowing people to bring nutritious gourmet meals into their own kitchens.
The Eat Fit nutritional criteria is designed for people who want to simply eat clean, look better or feel better, as well as individuals with health issues including inflammatory conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure or obesity.
Today Ochsner Eat Fit partners with more than 300 restaurants across the state and can be found in some of Louisiana’s most iconic spots including the Mercedes Benz Superdome, Audubon Zoo and the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Even local students benefit—Ochsner Eat Fit is available in schools through Pigeon Catering & Events in New Orleans.