Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The secret ingredient of these delicious cookies is white beans, but you’d never know it. Sweetened with Swerve and a dash of honey – or maple syrup to make them vegan – each cookie has just 100 calories, minimal sugar and the added bonus of 4 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. Plus, they’re gluten free, low carb and oh-so-easy to make.
- 1 can white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup almond butter, peanut butter or Sunbutter
- 2 tablespoons honey (maple syrup for vegan cookies)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1.33 ounce 70-85% dark chocolate (about 1/2 dark chocolate bar, in pieces + chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor or with immersion blender. Take care to blend all of the white beans thoroughly, until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in dark chocolate pieces.
- Spoon dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.