Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Cauliflower is very low in calories and high in vitamins. You can steam or blanch it to keep its essential flavors intact, but by roasting or sautéing it, you can bring out its sweetness. Roasted cauliflower can be served warm or at room temperature.
The best part about cauliflower is that it is so mild in flavor, you can cook it with whatever seasonings you have on hand and completely transform it!
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim head of cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Dry cauliflower well.
- Drizzle with olive oil (you may need more than 2 T) then sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and chile powder.
- Toss cauliflower until seasonings are well distributed.
- Pour into a greased baking pan covered with parchment paper or non-stick foil
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Cauliflower should be a dark, golden brown when baking is completed.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar if desired